Plan For An Emergency:
- Download a Communications Plan to create an emergency contact list.
- Know how you will evacuate if needed. If you have access & functional needs, be sure your evacuation & transportation plan fits those needs.
- Create an Emergency Plan.
Medication and Medical Supply Needs:
- Include medications and medical supplies in your emergency preparedness kit. If you take medicine or use a medical treatment on a daily basis, be sure you have a large enough supply of the necessary items for at least a week.
- Keep a copy of your prescriptions as well as dosage or treatment information.
- Identify back-up medical service providers in your area in case you experience a power outage. If you use medical equipment in your home that requires electricity to operate, consider a battery back-up or home generator.
- Have extra supplies in your home if you use eyeglasses, hearing aids and hearing aid batteries, wheelchair batteries, and oxygen.
- Have copies of your medical insurance, Medicare and Medicaid cards readily available.